Fallout RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fallout rpg

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Faction time frame

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Felix
GM
GM
Felix

Faction time frame Empty
PostSubject: Faction time frame   Faction time frame EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:17 pm

I suggest things on a faction scale (repairs, building, research, ect) be reduced down to 12 hours or 6 hours per item, i prefer 12 myself as then we could see more appreciable changes and it would be a more seamless transfer from macro to micro scale game play and vice versa.

Then something that is completely destroyed, instead of taking a whole, roughly, 2 weeks of game time (10 days for 100% assuming every roll is a success or an equal number of crits and crit fails.) would take 5 days or even 2 days and 12 hours.

We could get our faction rolling faster and our constant gaming and not fast forwarding wouldn't hurt us as badly as it is now. For as it seems today it seems every other faction is dancing around in a forest fire of their creation while we are still trying to figure out how to get matches to work Razz
Back to top Go down
Deodanth
Vet Player
Vet Player
Deodanth

Faction time frame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction time frame   Faction time frame EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:54 am

I agree and think if times are reduced then they should be reduced in all areas, including repair, salvage, and personnel training.

The problem is that if our faction "speeds up" the other factions speed up as well so we end up screwed anyway.

The real solution as I see it is we need to stand firm and demand our downtime in between game activities.

I also made a proposal to Conrad of advancing game time at a steady rate, just as it is done in MMORPGs and turn based strategy games. Here it is for the record. After every "major session" (4+ hours of play) the game advances 24 hours, and during any evening where we just get together and BS (we know that happens a lot) the game advances 12 hours. GM still keeps track of how much time has elapsed and when to resolve down time activities, such as repair, research, training, and salvage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldrepublicguild.com/FALLOUT/INDEX.HTML
Conrad
Admin
Admin
Conrad

Faction time frame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction time frame   Faction time frame EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 3:07 am

I am still considering what your saying. The problem and one of the only ones I see is that game sessions often end mid-adventure and wont allow any time progression until the situation is being resolved. Other than that there is no restriction on any time progression whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oldrepublicguild.com/fallout/index.html
Sponsored content

Faction time frame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction time frame   Faction time frame Empty

Back to top Go down

Faction time frame
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout RPG :: General :: Suggestions & Ideas-
Jump to: